a timer for the PC - screen tme for the kids

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:31:38 CST 2019

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 at 08:17, Randy Dawson via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> My idea was initially do this in hardware, with a timer, and a solid state relay to gate the AC to the PC.

Sounds like a good way for a regularly-trashed boot disk filesystem to me, TBH.

> Has anybody seen this, before I re-invent the wheel?

I believe something like it is a built-in feature of Win10.

But of course that almost certainly means there are well-documented
hacks and workarounds.

Getting built-in is the reason that $DAYJOB-3 killed its
kid-monitoring-and-restricting product line.