a timer for the PC - screen tme for the kids

John Foust jfoust at threedee.com
Fri Feb 15 09:16:06 CST 2019

At 01:17 AM 2/15/2019, Randy Dawson via cctalk wrote:
>What we have, is the screen time problem with the kids.  If we are not there hounding and policing them, they will be on for hours.

There are also consumer firewall/routers that have time-based limits.

When I've had clients ask about this, or also ask for content filtering,
it's such a difficult world these days.  The kids don't have tablets
or phones or iPods that do WiFi and can get the Internets from
cellular connections or the neighbor's WiFi?

Kids rapidly figure out solutions to bypass limits.  High schools
have WiFi, block social media, the kids install VPNs on their phones.

- John