PDP-11/45 RSTS/E boot problem

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Feb 13 10:40:33 CST 2019

    > From: Alan Frisbie

    > I am finding this entire discussion extremely fascinating! Every day I
    > look forward to reading the latest twists in the plot.

I forgot to mention the most amazing part of the whole story: he first
acquired the machine while he was a student (I think?) at CMU, decades ago,
and has been dragging it around the country with him ever since!

He's also had to do a tremendous amount of work on it to get it running,
starting with building an entire new power harness. He's also had to find and
fix a long list of failures, all over the machine; there were bad chips on
almost every board in it.

Fritz has written most of the whole adventure up:

 http://fritzm.github.io/category/pdp-11.html

it's an incredible story.

	Noel