One of Bay Area's last Fry's Electronics stores closes

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Tue Dec 31 14:41:28 CST 2019

On Dec 31, 2019, at 10:34 AM, Tom Gardner via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Palo Alto Fry’s closing <https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Bay-Area-locations-Frys-Electronics-closed-14939907.php> .  Sad, but not the end of an era – apparently the loss of lease

When I last visited a couple months ago, the one in Wilsonville, Oregon hadn’t done any restocking to speak of (except a couple video games) for months.  The shelves were largely bare, and all the places they used to store excess stock were empty.  I might be down that way in a few weeks, if so I’ll try to check on the status of the store.  I know in October there was a news article or two claiming they were in the process of restocking, but based on my last visit, they seem dead.

Zane