Too many DEC binders

Antonio Carlini a.carlini at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 25 14:56:42 CDT 2019

On 25/08/2019 15:18, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
> I guess if that fails, I could include links to online manuals in CHWiki
> pages. That would be a massive campaign, even just the PDP-11 hardware and
> PDP-10 hardware (all I'd want to do) would be weeks of works. There's no way I
> could do all the other stuff on Bitsavers (e.g. PDP-10, -11 software, all the
> VAX stuff - and that's just DEC).

Well the SQL for original manx database (as maintained by Paul) is (or
was available) and something is available in the codeplex download that
*might* be the current (or near-current) manx database.

You could turn that into links but you'd just have
manx-as-a-set-of-wiki-pages.

I guess the data would be useful for programmatically checking whether a
given manual is known to manx. At that point though I think the best
thing to do would be to get the data into manx. Manx feels like the
right tool for finding manuals.

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini