GW-DEC-1: A New DEC Prototyping Board

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 13:13:46 CDT 2019

Dwight,

I spot check boards. I lack sufficiently sensitive instruments to measure
actual thickness (even on a surface plate, it's the same for ENIG as hard
gold with an 0.0001" indicator) but ENIG won't stand up to a few swipes
with an ink eraser, whereas hard gold will stand up to it no problem. The
main issue I've seen, in buying other people's products and projects, is
board houses passing off ENIG as hard gold (and charging for it!) or
claiming they're using "extra heavy ENIG" -- which of course isn't a thing,
because ENIG is an ion swap!

Thanks,
Jonathan