Raspberry Pi write cycles

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 14 22:04:16 CDT 2019

Some of the newer larger SD cards use a different write voltage than 3.3V. There is a ways of asking the card what voltage it likes during the init.
Using the full 3.3V on these parts can damage them.
They are all required to init with 3.3V but the voltage for writing may be different.
I've only played with the ones smaller than 2GB. But any time I get a new one, I check the voltage.
Dwight