I'm sharing a toy

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Aug 9 08:35:12 CDT 2019

> On Aug 9, 2019, at 2:52 AM, Boris Gimbarzevsky via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks for putting it up.  First time I've logged onto old Unix in decades (should try getting my copy of V6 up on simh).
> Have a couple of RasberryPi's kicking around that just fired up once to play with.  Only part that simulation doesn't let you do is to connect up all sorts of lab hardware to A/D's and D/A's.  Have lots of PDP-11 code that wrote in 1980's that can't use as no-one has written additions to PDP-11 emulators which will make one think one is dealing with 80's era data acquisition hardware and digital I/O boards which are far faster on modern microprocessors than there were then.

I don't think writing SIMH device emulators for things like the DEC Unibus D/A and A/D devices, or the DR11-A, would be at all hard.

Neat idea, actually.  It would let me run the "LABBASIC" I created as an honors project in college in 1974 -- a version of RT11 BASIC with added statements to drive those data acquisition devices and the KW-11/P programmable clock.

	paul