Alphaservers for free in Athabasca, Alberta

Richard Loken rlloken at telus.net
Mon Aug 5 11:39:01 CDT 2019

I have access to 3 ES45s, a DS15, and an RA8000 in a tall blue Compaq rack
in Athabasca, Alberta.  All the in-service disks were removed but all the
spares are available.  The box also has the fibre switches used the connect
the RA8000 to the servers and the cables, much of the paper documentation,
and assorted doodads.  It would probably work if plugged in but it has been
a year since it was turned off.

Athabasca, Alberta is about 1.000km North of the US Montana border and
10,000km from nowhere but it is summer and the weather is nice so we might
be able to load this great heavy beast on a trailer and haul it up to a
day's drive away if anybody want this stuff.  This is rural Alberta so
a day's drive is a l-o-n-g way (like 1,000km?).

I tried to give this away in early 2019 but the deal fell through.  If
I don't get a place to send it then I will keep the DS15 and convert the
rest of it into scrap metal.
--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV         	  : "...underneath those tuques we wear,
   Athabasca, Alberta Canada       : our heads are naked!"