IBM Series/1

Carlos E Murillo-Sanchez ce.murillosanchez at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 22:37:07 CDT 2019

ED SHARPE via cctalk wrote:
> Was IBM Series/1 for process control?Ed#
> writes:In a message dated 8/2/2019 6:18:22 PM US Mountain Standard Time, cctalk at classiccmp.org
> On 08/02/2019 02:40 PM, Kevin Bowling via cctalk wrote:
>> Anyone have one of these?  I'd like to find a system, but images of
>> the OS media would be interesting.
> I have some bits of several Series/1 systems, but no
> complete system at all.
>
> Jon
Given the little literature I've seen on the subject, and also the
amount of real-time control computers that I've seen in labs being
dismantled... I'd say that it was probably a late IBM response to PDP-11
and HP 21xx and 1xxx process control computers.  But I did not
experience that era (I'm talking only about stuff that I've seen tossed
out), so I am probably clueless.

carlos.