SIMH question

Charles charlesmorris800 at centurytel.net
Tue Apr 23 22:08:24 CDT 2019

On 4/23/19 8:57 PM, Fritz Mueller via cctalk wrote:

>> On Apr 23, 2019, at 5:34 PM, Charles via cctalk <cctalk at
>> classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> This may be a silly question... but how can I transfer a text file from
>> my PC into SIMH for PDP-11?
>
> I've found the most convenient way to do this, for a file or two at a
> time, is to use the paper tape reader/punch devices.  These can be
> attached directly to single files on the SIMH host, then the contents can
> be copied into or out of a simulated OS with PIP, cp, etc.

Two more options.

Get PUTR from dbit.com and use it to move the files onto an image
you can then mount  under SIMH.

Or, KERMIT.

bill
Thanks... unfortunately I'm running 64-bit Windows and just discovered PUTR
will only run on a 32-bit (or even older) machine.
There was some interest in 2016 about an updated version but I can't find
one.
I've got an ancient XP box upstairs that I use as a smart terminal for the
PDP-8 (and PDP-11).
So now I get to have fun getting an XP machine to network with a Win7. Sigh.