Televideo 925 character rom dump

Patrick Finnegan pat at vax11.net
Tue Apr 23 20:01:55 CDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019, 11:42 Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> On 4/23/19 4:43 AM, Patrick Finnegan via cctalk wrote:
> > I should be able to do that for you if you don't find someone else with a
> > dumped room sooner.
>
> I was wondering what TS-8xx systems you have that supported RS-422,
> and if you've dumped the firmware from them.
>
> I can request the TS-806/20 in the collection and dump the firmware
> and disk if that would be of help
>
> https://www.computerhistory.org/collections/catalog/102747355

I have an 801, 802, 803, 816, and TPC-I. I think I still need to image the
ROM from the TPC and 802.

One thing I noticed is that the 803 ROM isn't the same as the later ROM
shipped with the 803H. The earlier rom tried to talk to a hard disk using
the code from the 802, at the wrong IO port. I ended up burning a copy of
the 803H ROM from Bitsavers, and then was able to get it working with a
hard disk interface.

It'd be nice to have a copy of the disk and ROM for reference. It seems
like the disks that TeleVideo used failed early and often, so it's probably
best to image that sooner rather than later, and hope that it still works.

An image from an 816 disk would be more useful, though, since I have the
rest of the 816.

Patrick Finnegan