Plane of core memory

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 17:07:38 CDT 2019

Whilst MSI Manchester run the Manchester Baby replica several days a week, and it does have (mostly) working Williams tubes, its often operated on semi-conductor memory as that allows us to talk to visitors, and not have to keep tweaking the store.

The EDSAC replica at TNMOC uses delay lines as a ton of Mercury was too expensive and had health and safety implications.

> Magnetostrictive delay memory?
>
> --Chuck

 Dave

Dave