Plane of core memory

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 18 11:59:56 CDT 2019

My understanding was that the mercury delay lines needed periodic repairs ( not sure what the cause was but mercury does dissolve into many metals ). If I were going to make a delay line memory, I'd go with the magnetostrictive. These are practical to make. One just needs a little ingenuity and a spool of piano wire.
Dwight