Not DEC related but still hoping for some help: Problems w/ LJ 4+ Printer

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Wed Apr 3 10:41:35 CDT 2019

On 04/03/2019 03:24 AM, Ali via cctalk wrote:
> Thanks for that tidbit. I didn't realize that a HV failure
> would not produce any error codes. If that is the case
> looks like I am recapping a board. Out of curiosity what
> symptoms were you getting?

Nope, I think there is some sort of self-check on the fuser
thermistors, but the corona supply is open-loop on most
printers. There is also a self-check on the laser, as the
beam has to hit a sensor to start the timing of the pixels.
So a failed laser or polygon motor will cause an error.

Good luck with it!

Jon