2.11 BSD on an 11/93 with an CMD SCSI Module

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 2 19:09:22 CDT 2019

On 4/2/19 2:26 PM, Glen Slick via cctalk wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 9:39 AM Bill Gunshannon via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> OK.  I put them back to cn (I thought cn stood for console and the ttys
>> would be different, but fixed now).  Sadly, I still get the "more than
>> three handlers" message and attempts to run getty go nuts.  :-)
>
> What exactly do you have for the "cn" device entries in /etc/dtab ?
>
> #Name Unit# Addr Vector Br Handler(s) # Comments
>
> # If you have DL11s, you must give each line an explicit unit number instead
> # of using a '?' as above.  If you use a '?', autoconfig(8) will start
> # assigning unit numbers starting at 0 which will effectively move your
> # console to that first line.  Start your unit numbers with '1'.
> #
> # cn 1 176500 300 5 cnrint cnxint # kl/dl-11 (on mvx11-aa)
>
> "handlers" here refers to the receive interrupt handler "cnrint" and
> the transmit interrupt handler "cnxint". Did you alter anything on the
> device entries other than the unit number, csr address, and vector
> address?
>
> Try deleting everything on the device entry lines after "cnxint"
>
> (For reference, "cnrint" and "cnxint" are the names of the interrupt
> handler routines in src/sys/pdp/cons.c  Those names have to match to
> be able to link up the pointers to the interrupt handlers).

Let's make it simple.  Here's that section of my dtab file:

# If you have DL11s, you must give each line an explicit unit number instead
# of using a '?' as above.  If you use a '?', autoconfig(8) will start
# assigning unit numbers starting at 0 which will effectively move your
# console to that first line.  Start your unit numbers with '1'.
#
# cn    1 176500 300    5       cnrint  cnxint  # kl/dl-11 (on mvx11-aa)
cn      1 176500 300    5       cnrint  cnxint
cn      2 176510 310    5       cnrint  cnxint
cn      3 176520 320    5       cnrint  cnxint
cn      4 176530 330    5       cnrint  cnxint
cn      5 176540 340    5       cnrint  cnxint
cn      6 176550 350    5       cnrint  cnxint
cn      7 176560 360    5       cnrint  cnxint

Addresses and vectors were taken from the startup menu
presented by the 11/93 at power-up.

bill