Advice requested on proper disposal of Seagate ST3000DM001 disk drives

Guy Sotomayor Jr ggs at shiresoft.com
Fri Sep 21 11:54:56 CDT 2018

If I wanted to reduce a drive to slag, I’d just put it in a propane furnace (actually the drive would
go into the crucible).  They generate up to 2700F (~1500C) and they’re for melting gold, silver, copper,
etc.  So I suspect it would do the job.  ;-)  Plus you’d a nice molten mess that you can pour out.

TTFN - Guy