Unknown US manufacturer - try again

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Sep 12 15:17:16 CDT 2018

> On Sep 12, 2018, at 2:39 PM, Norman Jaffe via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> The presence of the words 'NAND GATES' imply that this was part of some educational kit for logic training, rather than a part of a system.

Could be.  Then again, in the early days simple logic functions were packaged as modules one could buy and plug into connectors to build larger systems.  DEC's early logic module products are an example.  And I remember in Holland seeing similar stuff, small circuit boards with transistors encased in gray plastic cases, with a 10 or so pin plug at the bottom.  These might contain a couple of 2-input NAND gates, or similarly simple elements.  And they would be labelled accordingly.

The fact that the board has tin rather than gold plated fingers does support the "educational kit" notion; something intended for serious commercial use would be expected to have more reliable connectors.

	paul