Portable terminals

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 12:47:33 CDT 2018

On 9/10/2018 10:35 AM, Ali via cctalk wrote:

>> If you want a small, portable, battery-powered terminal, get an HPLX
>> palmtop (95, 100 or 200). Runs for weeks or months on two AA batteries.
>> The HPLX palmtops  have a VT100 emulation. I have not had a need to use
>> it, but Tony has and perhaps can comment on its fidelity to the real
>> thing.
>
> Yeah, except they are ridiculously expensive... If you can get your hands on
> an android device w/ a decent keyboard for $60 new IMHO you are much better
> off than w/ an HPLX. Plus you have much more options as far as SW and
> functionality goes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hewlett-Packard-HP-100LX-Palmtop-PC-with-CF-card-PCMCIA-adaptor-instructions/392120231070

It's $30 more than your android device -- I don't know if that falls
into the category of "ridiculously expensive" or not.  I see them sell
between $50 and $125 fairly regularly.

- Josh