VT100's

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 11:33:36 CDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 12:28 PM, Guy Sotomayor Jr via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> My biggest complaint with DEC terminals (and clones) that came after the VT100
> (such as the VT220/VT320/etc) is that the terminals are nice and small but the
> keyboards are *huge* (almost twice the width of the terminal itself).

I agree that the LK201 is excessively wide.

Back when I was using terminals every day, it was easy to plop one or
two VT100/Citoh101 terminals on one desk but the VT220s we kept in the
machine room mostly, sitting on top of 42" cabs, and the keyboards
were thinnerthan VT100 keyboards which was handy on top of machines.

-ethan