Updates at retroarchive.org...

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Oct 29 08:11:14 CDT 2018

First up is the addition of Crescent Software's entire product line.  The
company produced a number of good library suites in the late 80s and early
90's.  Note these are all DOS products - the Windows product line was sold
in the early 90's.

http://annex.retroarchive.org/crescent/index.html

When the documentation arrives, I'll be paying the IA to get it all
scanned.  It's a lot cheaper than me buying a Scribe scanner or building a
DIY version. :)

Next up is a HUGE CD-ROM and FTP site archive I've been working on.

http://www.retroarchive.org/cdrom/index.html

What I've done here is pull CD-ROMs from the Internet Archive and make
them easily browseable.  I've also extracted the contents of each of the
zip, etc. files and created index files for those as well.  The goal was
to make the material more easily accessible for both us meat bags and
search spider bots.

This is going to be a long term project that will end when I've either
exhausted the available CD-ROMs on the IA, or I die, whichever comes
first. ;)

There's a number of holes in the sets that are on the IA - if you've got a
disc that would fill a hole, please consider making an ISO of the disc and
upload that along with a photo of the disc to the IA and then let me know
so I can get it processed.

I'm also looking to acquire a manual set for QuickBASIC 4.5 and the
Microsoft Professional Development System 7.1.  If you have either one,
please contact me!

Thanks!

g.

--