modern stuff

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Oct 24 18:58:40 CDT 2018

> On Oct 24, 2018, at 7:45 PM, ben via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On 10/24/2018 3:58 PM, Eric Smith wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 2:18 PM ben via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org <mailto:cctalk at classiccmp.org>> wrote:
>>    Well I can still run DOS BOX and get my nice 8086 instruction set.
>> I've heard many different adjectives used with regard to the 8086 instruction set, but this is the first time I've heard it described as "nice".
>> Admittedly there are worse ones.
>
> What about Intel's forgotten object oriented kitchen sink processor.
> IAPX-432 better or worse?
> Ben.

Was that the one designed around Ada?

I remember looking at that way back when the paper "Tablet, the computer of the year 2000" was published -- thinking it might be a suitable engine for that.  I also throught APL might be good because it's terse.  Oops.  Totally missed the fact that most computer users are application users, not programmers.

	paul