Selling keyboards without the terminal

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Oct 19 14:44:52 CDT 2018

On 10/19/18 11:14 AM, allison via cctalk wrote:
> On 10/19/2018 01:23 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>
> Me I had M keyboards in the day, thought they sucked!  Vt100 and VT220
> early version
> were my measure.  None of them made me type better!

I will confess to a fondness for my old NCR Cherry-switch equipped
keyboards.  Nice layout, but eventually the need for F11 and F12 keys
drove me back to the Model Ms. (The NCR has F-keys up to 30 with F1-F10
where god intended, along the left side, but the F11-F30 just duplicate
the F1-f10 with Shift and Control added.).  One of these days I'll pull
one out and hack the EPROMs in it to give me real F11 and F12.
Double-shot keys there also.

I wonder if double-shot are all that, really.  I've got several dye-sub
keyboards and they don't seem to show much wear on the keys.  But then,
I type like I play the piano--fingers don't really touch the keys until
one gets pressed.

--Chuck