Selling keyboards without the terminal

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Fri Oct 19 11:45:02 CDT 2018

On 10/19/18 8:41 AM, js--- via cctalk wrote:
> Why is the keyboard being sold alone, when the terminal is right there?

Keyboard collectors.
https://deskthority.net/ etc.
Any 70's or 80's mechanical switch or hall-effect keyboard is going for big bucks now.

This has been discussed here and on the VCF forum before.

I am in the process of trying to draw out the schematics for the IBM Displaywriter,
and it is impossible to find a 'reasonably priced' (as in less than $300 dollar)
keyboard for the system I've pieced together.

There are people making USB adapters for most of the old IBM mechanical keyboards now.

I'm also working on documenting IBM CU 'Control Unit' (coax..) Terminals
You can find terminals, but not keyboards.