Selling keyboards without the terminal

ethan at 757.org ethan at 757.org
Fri Oct 19 11:16:03 CDT 2018

> Here is a great example of why the keyboards and terminals are getting
> separated

I sold a working luggable computer. The keys were a bit clicky but I put
on the auction to try to thwart the keyboard collectors. I shipped it
working, buyer claimed it wasn't working when arrived. Ended up having to
refund on it. Ate $110 in shipping.

I'm super paranoid that the buyer was looking for certain keyboard and
just fried it to claim insurance.

It definitely squashed any enthusiasm about selling on eBay, outside of
all the work done to pack and ship and have some 14% of the sale price
taken by eBay/PayPal.

 			- Ethan