Selling keyboards without the terminal

ED SHARPE couryhouse at aol.com
Fri Oct 19 11:14:56 CDT 2018

OK I  am sorry  I  do not  understand  why the keyboard  went  this high?

Please... Please... someone  explain?

Ed#

In a message dated 10/19/2018 8:40:09 AM US Mountain Standard Time, cctalk at classiccmp.org writes:

On 10/19/2018 10:34 AM, Bill Degnan via

cctalk wrote:
> Here is a great example of why the keyboards and terminals are getting
> separated
>
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-3101-beam-spring-keyboard-purchased-new-in-1982/123422383512?hash=item1cbc8c1d98:g:sCkAAOSwfbhbwQvU
>
> Note the price $2000 so far. How could one blame the seller. I wonder if
> this is the terminal I sold to a buyer in California years ago when I sold
> my Series/1 computer. All he wanted was the terminal, I donated the rest
> to what was the MARCH museum. At the time I remember having a few words
> with the buyer who would not also take the Series/1 system (2 racks) or the
> manuals.
>
> There is a naked terminal up for grabs if you're out his way.
>
> Bill

B, I don't get it. Why is the keyboard
being sold alone, when the terminal is
right there?

And how come this particular keyboard is
so hugely in demand?

- J.