DG/UX install media

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 04:33:23 CDT 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:06 PM alan--- via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

>   However I have not been able to read the ISO images - as they don't
> appear to have the proper magic/headers for ISO.   Can anyone else work
> their file-type-foo on them and give me any hints?

One of them is ISO:
[tingo at kg-elitebook ISOs]$ file *[iIsSoO]
C2 Trusted DGUX Option Rev 5.4R3.00T.iso: data
DGUX 5.4R3.00.ISO:                        data
DGUX 5.4R3.10 Documentation.iso:          ISO 9660 CD-ROM filesystem
data 'DOCUMENTATION_CDROM'
DGUX 5.4R3-R3.10.MU01.ISO:                data

Maybe they are just dumps? In whatever format  DG/UX expects
There could be hints on the documentation ISO.
Unfortunately, the files on the documentation ISO is in "WorldView"
format (aka "printerleaf") and a converter (pl2ps) can't be easily
found.
But - iview for Windows (NT) is on the ISO, maybe it will run under WINE?
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen