Anyone know where uPD2167 SRAMs appeared?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 21:22:28 CDT 2018

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 9:07 PM Chuck Guzis via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> On 10/09/2018 05:13 PM, Ethan Dicks via cctalk wrote:
>
> > I asked a version of this question earlier this year.  I have not been
> > able to find any vintage machines that used these 16Kx1 55ns SRAMs.
> > Anyone recognize them?
>
> Same as the Intel 2167, or InMOS 1403, no?

The same.

> Like most SRAM of the time, kind of power-hungry (180 ma @ 5V is about a watt per chip)

Yep.

>  I've got a pile of the InMOS variety, scavenged from a Eurobus design of some sort.

I have a pile too and no machines (that I know of) that use them.

A bin of PDIP from a former employer and a stack of ceramic parts from
a large mixed assortment.

If I find out they appeared in a machine I might want someday I'd be
inclined to keep them.  Otherwise, they go, one way or another.

-ethan