early ANSI C drafts, pre-1989 standard

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Mon Oct 8 06:37:13 CDT 2018

Andrew Luke Nesbit via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> writes:

> On a related note, I have an ongoing project to create an archive of
> all Usenet posts from comp.lang.c and related groups, index them, and
> make them properly accessible to the public. [...]
> The biggest hole I have is the 1990's.

This seems to be a general problem with Usenet preservation -- the utzoo
archives run up to 1991, and the collections from Giganews etc. on
archive.org typically cover from 2000 or so onwards, but the 1990s are
harder to obtain. Are there any public archives other than Google
Groups for this period?

(We've found quite a lot of useful information for the DB ITS project by
mining relevant groups on Usenet -- a web interface isn't nearly as good
for this as having the text on disk...)

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>