cctalk/cctech

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Nov 27 20:05:45 CST 2018

On 11/27/2018 12:15 AM, Lawrence Wilkinson via cctalk wrote:
> I think if everyone can refrain from posting non-cc stuff (and in this I
> would include: Queries about modern HW or SW without a direct CC relevance,
> long threads about character encoding schemes...) then we could go to a
> single list, but one might have to get used to being jumped on if posting
> something regarded as off-topic, and perhaps finding oneself moderated if
> persisting.

While I would comply, or attempt to, with whatever the policy becomes, I
would like to say that I love some of the tangential material.  Yes, there
is some that doesn't belong here at all, such as non-computerized guns,
non-computerized cars, and politics/religion/The-Great-Pumpkin.

But much of the stuff that is tangential, but related to classic
computers, such as long threads about character encoding schemes,
is fascinating, and I'm learning a lot.  My own "contributions" may be
useless, but there are some people here who are providing informative
essays.

The basic design of CCTALK/CCTECH is great - one section strictly
on-topic, and another section that permits tangential content.  It's
too bad that there seems to have been difficulties keeping it working
right.

Can I just say, "Keep up the good work!"?

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com