Removing PVA from a CRT

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 12:52:41 CST 2018

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 10:41 AM Alan Perry via cctech
<cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Also, I have never worked on a CRT before. I am trying to find a local person who can observe me and stop me from doing something stupid. If I can’t find someone, what am I more likely to do wrong? How can I be sure I discharged it before touching it?

I have around a dozen or so HP 264x terminals with various states of
CRT decay. Most have developed bubbles in the face of the CRT. Some
are bad enough that the CRT has started leaking goo from the face.

I have no experience doing any cleanup work on these CRT issues. We
should have a CRT restoring party. Anyone else in the Seattle area
have "moldy" CRTs that need some attention, and/or have experience
doing the work?