Text encoding Babel. Was Re: George Keremedjiev

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Fri Nov 23 16:44:23 CST 2018

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 08:56:09AM +1100, Guy Dunphy wrote:
> Resend, just in case that screen-cap image attachment fails. It is also here:
>   http://everist.org/6F2a/cctalk_rcvd.png
>
> >Will require
> >some way to compare mailboxes in search of pattern in missing
> >emails... Which may or may not be obvious... which will lead to more
> >puzzles... oy maybe I should have stayed muted and let others do the
> >job...
>
> Here's one check. See attached screen-cap of cctalk emails. Usually many per
> day, but only one per day on the 15th & 16th Nov, none at all on the 17th.
> Did the list actually go silent then? It's possible by random ebb and flow,
> or maybe everyone was in shock over the awful Paradise fire death toll.
> Which may be over 1000, unless a lot of people listed as missing do turn up.

Ok, here is a c-pasted fragment from my mutt's index view, limited to
messages from cctalk & cctech (which hopefully shows what I
expect). The first column is message number in my mailbox, they are not
consecutive because in between I got messages from other mailing lists
and spammers):

3091 O   Nov 13 Jon Elson via c (  10) Re: Font for DEC indicator panels
3092     Nov 13 systems_glitch  (  60) Re: Looking for optical grid mouse pad
3106 O   Nov 13 Jason Howe via  (  22) Re: Swap clarification (Was: bill was my
3166 O   Nov 14 systems_glitch  (  40) Re: desoldering (was Re: VAX 9440)
3173 O   Nov 14 Bill Degnan via (  48) Re: desoldering (was Re: VAX 9440)
3192 O   Nov 14 Ethan Dicks via (  28) Re: TU58 tape formatter (was Re: rebuildi
3196 O   Nov 14 William Sudbrin (  15) RE: desoldering (was Re: VAX 9440)
3208 O   Nov 14 Eric Smith via  (  17) Re: TU58 tape formatter (was Re: rebuildi
3216 O   Nov 14 allison via cct (  70) Re: TU58 tape formatter (was Re: rebuildi
3227     Nov 14 ED SHARPE via c (   5) The fundamental building block of modern
3229 O   Nov 14 Ethan Dicks via (  17) Re: TU58 tape formatter (was Re: rebuildi
3277     Nov 14 Kevin Bowling v (  10) HP 88780B density
3388 O   Nov 15 Noel Chiappa vi (  19) Re: Font for DEC indicator panels
3473 O   Nov 16 Andrew Luke Nes (  75) Re: early ANSI C drafts, pre-1989 standar
3816 O   Nov 18 Toby Thain via  (  39) Re: Font for DEC indicator panels
3835 O   Nov 18 Jerome H. Fine  ( 137) Re: RT-11 DY install
3845 O   Nov 18 Michael Brutman (  40) VCF PNW 2019: Exhibitors needed!
3887 O   Nov 19 Patrick Finnega (   6) IBM 3270 Emulation Adapter (ISA)
3889 O   Nov 18 jim stephens vi (  26) Re: IBM 3270 Emulation Adapter (ISA)
3940 O   Nov 19 Jim Brain via c (  10) IND
3944 O   Nov 19 Al Kossow via c (  20) Re: IBM 3270 Emulation Adapter (ISA)
3953     Nov 19 dwight via ccta (   9) What is windoes doing?
3954     Nov 19 Ethan via cctal (  11) Re: What is windoes doing?
3965     Nov 19 geneb via cctal (  27) Re: What is windoes doing?
3989     Nov 19 Bill Degnan via (  40) Re: What is windoes doing?
3997     Nov 19 Alan Perry via  (  25) Removing PVA from a CRT
3999     Nov 19 Peter Coghlan v (  17) Re: What is windoes doing?
4041     Nov 19 Alan Perry via  (  50) Re: Removing PVA from a CRT
4046 O   Nov 19 jim stephens vi (  38) Re: IND
4052     Nov 19 Sean Conner via (  19) IEFBR14 (was Re: IND)
4053 O   Nov 19 Sven Schnelle v (  17) Re: HP-Apollo 9000/425t RAM
4054 O   Nov 19 Dennis Boone vi (  14) Re: IND
4066     Nov 19 dwight via ccta (  25) Re: What is windoes doing?
4071 O   Nov 19 dwight via ccta (  45) Re: What is windoes doing?
4083 O   Nov 19 Al Kossow via c (  12) Battery warning in Falco terminals
4088 O   Nov 19 Al Kossow via c (  16) Re: Battery warning in Falco terminals
4095 O   Nov 19 Eric Smith via  (  15) Re: IEFBR14 (was Re: IND)
4100     Nov 19 Alan Perry via  (  32) Re: Removing PVA from a CRT
4102     Nov 19 Alan Perry via  (  83) Re: Removing PVA from a CRT
4103 O   Nov 19 ben via cctalk  (  19) Re: IEFBR14 (was Re: IND)
4113 O   Nov 19 Douglas Taylor  (  11) Missing FORRTL
4118 O   Nov 19 Jon Elson via c (  10) Re: IND
4122 O   Nov 19 Kevin McQuiggin (  16) Re: IND

A quick comparison by eye, you seem to miss for example msg no 3277
and 4083:

no 3277: