George Keremedjiev

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Nov 21 19:04:11 CST 2018

On Wed, 21 Nov 2018, ED SHARPE via cctalk wrote:
> wrong not everybody sees it this is the only list serve problems...  I
> suppose modern email programs either do not see or know what to do with
> the characters... please consider using the delete key and not reading
> things frI'm me if it bothers,you
> thanks ed#

That is a very good hypothesis.
"Modern" (bordering on profanity in this list) email programs might insert
characters that we are not intended to notice in support of "features"
(also bordering on profanity).  When they encounter those special
characters, they know to activate that "feature", and suppress their
display.
But email progams from "LAST MONTH" (prior to the "10 year rule"?) do NOT
recognize, respect, nor understand those "modern" "control" characters.
("Modern" companies, such as Microsoft, Apple, AOL, etc. deprecate the
use of any software or hardware that is not "current")
Email seems to be being handled like word processor file formats - what
happens when you try to load a document from a current version prograam
into a copy of a previous version of the program?

You would never know there was an issue if everybody that you associate is
using the same current programs.

Q: is line wrap ON or OFF in the program?
Q: is "format: flowed" ON or OFF?
Either/both might insert "non-breaking spaces".

These do not seem to be adequately documented in this context -
(differentiation between "bug" and "feature").