Battery warning in Falco terminals

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 13:59:22 CST 2018

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brent Hilpert via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: Battery warning in Falco terminals

On 2018-Nov-20, at 1:21 AM, Mike Stein via cctalk wrote:
> [...]

Were there 3 PROMs on the TS-1? I don't remember (and unfortunately didn't dump them, unless you're including the character generator amongst the 3).
They were probably soldered in and I was probably thinking mainly about eraseable chips and did the CG as well as it (would have been) socketed.
If they were small PROMs, they were perhaps I/O and memory address decoding.

===========================
I was talking about the 2624 and yes, they're small 32 byte PROMs for decoding; probably not relevant for an emulator (therefore the smiley) but maybe useful to archive for repair purposes.

On my 2624s two are soldered in and one is socketed.

I can't find my box of TS-1 boards so I'll have to open one up to see what's on there.

I'll have a look for the box with documentation but it might be a while; BTW, my inventory says that I _do_ have a User's manual for the TS-2624 (V1.16).

FALCO   TS-1 Maint Man & Tech Bulletins 2/82
FALCO   TS-1 Operator's Guide
FALCO   TS-1 "Programmer's Guide, Pgmg Hints & Tips"
FALCO   TS-1 "TS-1SP Tutorial, TS-1 FW Rel V2.15, SP1.10"
FALCO   TS-100SP Operator's Guide
FALCO   FAME100 Users Manual
FALCO   TS-2624 User's Manual V1.16 (HP emulation)
FALCO   5220E Programmer's Manual