Looking for optical grid mouse pad

Rico Pajarola rp at servium.ch
Sat Nov 10 12:39:13 CST 2018

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 7:12 PM Camiel Vanderhoeven <
camiel.vanderhoeven at vmssoftware.com> wrote:

> On 11/10/18, 6:49 PM, "Rico Pajarola" <rp at servium.ch> wrote:
>

> I have tried to print my own mousepad, but the mouse only works in the y
> direction on it.
>
> there were 2 versions of that mousepad, and the symptom of using the wrong
> one was that the mouse would only move in one direction.
>

> There was another version of the print-it-yourself mouse pad that's
> essentially just white noise, have you tried that?
>

> I know I need the one with the grid, because it’s shown in the
> documentation.

the white noise mouse pad is not an official thing, but it's reported to
work for some optical mice. I haven't tried it myself. YMMV.

I have just created and printed a simple grid, with two lines per
> millimeter. If someone has already created one that you can download and
> print that works, that would be great.

The pad has different resolutions for x and y axis, and one axis (x axis?)
seems to be more sensitive to wrong spacing (if the mouse only moves in one
direction it could also be a symptom of a mousepad rotated by 90 degrees).
So maybe you need to experiment with the grid size a bit.