Font for DEC indicator panels

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 14:39:58 CST 2018

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 2:04 PM Noel Chiappa via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> So, anyone happen to know the font used in DEC's indicator panels:
>
>   http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/DECIndicatorPanels.html
>
> or, at least, a very close match?

According to my notes, for the VCFMW8 shirts
(http://vcfmw.org/shirts/vcfmw8_front.png) I used DIN Next Pro Rounded
Medium for the panel text, although the font I had in my work
directory is "DIN 1451 Fette Breitschrift 1936".  That is probably the
font next to the knob on the right and the bit numbers above the
switches.  The text inside the orange/yellow boxes (SRS) may well be
Helvetica.

There is no reason to think these are the original DEC panel fonts,
just what I found to be "close enough" at the time.

-j