DEC Alpha Bug Check Crash

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Sat Nov 10 05:17:04 CST 2018

> It maybe that the DECW$Config.exe image is bad, since that is where the
> bugcheck always occurs.  Although this is confusing because it did
> successfully boot in console mode previously.

While it's not impossible, I doubt the problem is in the DECW$Config.exe
image.  I think it is more likely to be in a device driver image which
is exercised because of an I/O done by DECW$Config.exe.  It may be that
the bugcheck always happens when DECW$Config.exe is running because
DECW$Config.exe is the first thing to touch the I/O device in question.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.