Did anyone see Vintage Tech Hunters on Discovery Canada yet?

Eric Christopherson echristopherson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 08:19:31 CST 2018

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 6:54 AM Ethan via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> > You can watch the second episode on the Discovery Canada website as well.
> > I just watched both.  Very nice on the credits by the way.
>
> I tried to watch it on the drive home from work today. Youtube video had a
> strike (takedown) so it's gone. The web site had IP geolocation and
> rejected my phone. So looks like it's Canada only.
>
> So most people will need to use a VPN to get to the Discovery site from a
> .ca IP, or maybe it's nerdy enough that it will show up via various
> underground conduits of content. I am going to ping a friend tomorrow who
> has a 500TB TV rig and see if he has heard of it.

It'd be nice if discovery.ca would actually tell you that it's a
geographical limitation and not something else. When I try to watch, it
tells me:

> This content is not currently available for viewing in your browser. For
the best video experience, we recommend using a supported browser for your
platform. Please visit our FAQ<Va> for more info. 75"

I assume their coding is a little off there. Otherwise, I know what a FAQ
is but I wouldn't know how to instantiate it as a template on the type Va.
And what, I need a 75" display too?

--
        Eric Christopherson