Did anyone see Vintage Tech Hunters on Discovery Canada yet?

alan at alanlee.org alan at alanlee.org
Thu Nov 8 17:32:51 CST 2018

On 2018-11-08 18:13, Jason T via cctalk wrote:

> I've always wanted to create an text adventure about computer
> collecting, though.  Seek out rare finds!  Evade goldbugs!  Avoid
> earning the "hoarder" label while still dying with the most toys!

Pahhh. Avoiding earning the 'hoarder' label is easy:

> Look around

"You are a treasure room filled with countless precious
artifacts of vintage significance.  You see a an Apple I board,
a running Cray I, and the original UNIVAC operating all around
you.  You may move East, West, and South."

> Take Apple I

"Oh no!  You have run out of space in your hoarder cache.  You
must make additional room"

> Move North

"You have discovered a SECRET PASSAGEWAY.  In the room before you
lies the 'cache of everlasting warehouse space'.

> Take cache

"Congratulations.  Your space to warez ratio is now under hoarder
threshold forever-more."

> Move South

"You are back in the treasure room."

> Take all