Datasheet for a NEC Chip in DEC Professional 350

Eduardo Cruz edcross at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 07:47:05 CST 2018

A constant pulsing reset is usually a watchdog at play. Hardware watchdogs are usually implemented in systems to reset everything should the system not meet one specific criteria: eg cpu touch one memory address before X amount of time, or pcb voltage lower than X volts, etc.

Watchdogs are also usually found as software routines executed by the cpu also looking for specific conditions. These rarely issue a reset hardware signal, just restar the program.

Sent from my iPhone