How to work out unknown PSU replacement

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 20:27:22 CDT 2018

Are you saying that there is a capacitor between input? output? of the
79L05 and the ground pins of the chips?  If so that would seem pretty
normal as it is usually recommended that you have capacitors to ground
on both the input and output side of a 3 terminal regulator.  Are the
ground pins on the three chips you mentioned isolated from the ground of
the rest of the board?