OT- Thunderbird ugliness, Was: Eudora email client source code released

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed May 23 12:30:38 CDT 2018

On 05/23/2018 08:49 AM, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:

> How are you interfacing with Gmail?  IMAP or something else.  —  I think
> Thunderbird supports interfacing with Gmail in another protocol.  I may
> be wrong.

Gmail also allows for a POP3 interface.  I'd originally used the
suggested IMAP interface and then had a bit of a net outage.  I
discovered that I had no copies of my inbox messages--apparently, they
resided on Google's servers.   So I went to the POP interface, where the
message is deleted from the server when I receive it.

Otherwise, for me, it's been a progression of email clients.  elm, pine,
eudora, Courier, Pegasus and finally Thunderbird, which has worked
passably well to date.

--Chuck