Next 'stack' of computers to go, IBM p7's - not classics this time

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Sat May 12 07:28:39 CDT 2018

This time not so 'classic'

My last job was maintaining IBM p7's and eventually p8's.

One thing I started was putting together a home setup. But like all the
other
projects the gear has become redundant to me.

The 'stack' consists of 2 each IBM p720's, a CR6 HMC, and a KVM drawer.

The p720 do NOT have any hard drives or carriers, but both are available via
Ebay. The carrier was used in more than one model, and in the past I've
bought carriers with small disks for < $20 each, then found larger disks of
various brands.

And the rails are missing from the p720's.

Google "ibm p720"

I can't remember how much RAM, number of CPUs etc but one p720 was
'loaded'.

If interested let me know and

If anyone knows a good AIX list please let me know

I'll try to get a few photo's this weekend.

The 'stack' is located in Portland, Oregon.

NO PACKING OR SHIPPING, must be local pickup.

-pete