Sparc Laptops

Doc Shipley doc at vaxen.net
Fri May 11 15:17:05 CDT 2018

On 5/11/18 6:45 AM, Michael Thompson via cctalk wrote:

>> Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 13:08:51 -0400
>> Subject: Re: Sparc Laptops
>>
>> I have a pretty cool DEC 486 laptop.  I am unsure if they made a Pentium
>> laptop before they were bought out.
>> http://www.vintagecomputer.net/digital/DECpc_433SLC/
>> DECpc_433SLC_Premium_open2.jpg
>>
>> On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Zane Healy via cctalk <
>> cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I dream of owning an Alphabook.  It?s a silly dream, but it?s one I dream
>>> anyway.
>>>
>>> I have a Sparcbook 3GS (I think that?s the model) somewhere.
>>>
>>> Zane
>>

> I have about 15 SPARC based lugables and laptops. Some are TRIgem/RDI
> Britelites that have an IPC/IPX/LX motherboard inside, three Voyagers, the
> rest are Tadpole SB2, SB3, SB3GX, and Ultrabooks.

oooooh!  Do you, by chance, know where I can find either install media
or the Tadpole-specific drivers for a SPARCBook 2?  System docs would be
a bonus.

   I have an SB2 with a dying HDD.  I also have a 2.5" SCSI-IDE adapter,
so I'd like to get it going again. This would likely be a bootp-based
installation.

   Thanks!
	Doc