Sparc Laptops

Jon Tabor taborj at obsolete.site
Wed May 9 13:53:08 CDT 2018

On Wed, May 09, 2018 at 11:31:24AM -0600, Warner Losh via cctalk wrote:
> I have a DEC Pentium 200 Laptop...  It appears to be like this hinote
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Digital-HiNote-VP-Laptop-Notebook-PC-Windows-95-Pentium-200MHz-MMX-32MB/362199249233?hash=item5454c1f151:g:tGUAAOSwrFtaRriI
>
> Warner
>
> On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 11:08 AM, Bill Degnan via cctalk <
> cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> > I have a pretty cool DEC 486 laptop.  I am unsure if they made a Pentium
> > laptop before they were bought out.
> > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/digital/DECpc_433SLC/
> > DECpc_433SLC_Premium_open2.jpg

I had a Digital HiNote Ultra II that I bought new just coming out of high school back in '96.
If I recall correctly, it had a Pentium 100MHz CPU.  I think I had it up to 32MB of RAM,
don't recall the hard drive, but it had a funky wedge-shaped detatchable 3.5" floppy drive
that went underneath it.  Cool system; I remember running some version of Linux on it
after I got tired of Windows 95.  With the floppy detatched, it was very thin.

I remember going for it over some Toshiba (I think) because it had a better screen,
despite the slightly slower processor (the other was 133MHz).

--
Jon Tabor
taborj at obsolete.site
http://obsolete.site