'90s era PC recommendation.

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Sun May 6 22:09:20 CDT 2018

On 05/06/2018 09:01 PM, Bill Degnan wrote:
> I think I'd rather have a NeXT if I had an unlimited budget and it was
> say 1993, but that's also when Pentiums came out and changed everything.

I have a lot of respect for NeXT machines.  I think I'd like to own one
some day.  But I think I'm going to stick with x86 to scratch this itch.

> I have set aside a few intel machines from the 90's.  I really like the
> quality of the Dell Dimension 466V.

I had a non-trivial number of machines that would fit the bill before I
moved.  Quite a bit of the network equipment too.  But I moved ~1000
miles and a LOT of things didn't make the move.  :-(

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die