Is This A Shill?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue May 1 12:28:48 CDT 2018

    > From: Ali

    > the real winning price. Basically on second chance he is offering you
    > your highest bid price (the one that lost out to the original bad
    > bidder). What it should really be is if that guy didn't exist what
    > would have been the winning bid?

Good point. That _is_ a bad sign. The seller might not have thought it
through (they do after all only have a feedback of 50, so they don't have
that much experience), and maybe they just made a mistake. But it might be a
scammer/shill who used a high shill bid to find out your top.

(And maybe the 'only use eBait comms' thing was just a double bank shot to
take in people like me...'he says that so he must be honest').

	Noel