RAID? Was: PATA hard disks, anyone?

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:17:24 CDT 2018

On 2018-03-28 2:09 PM, Ali via cctalk wrote:

> [...]
You mean something like someone who writes a script that does blind cd
to the directory and then proceeds to delete the contents? Customer's
system started crashing at noon every day after they did an OS update
that eliminated the target directory.  The script was kicked of by cron
and the cd would fail and since they where not checking if it succeeded
or if they ended up in the right place the script proceed to delete
everything from its current directory, which unfortunately was where all
the libraries live... oopps...

Paul.