PATA hard disks, anyone?

ethan at 757.org ethan at 757.org
Tue Mar 27 11:19:36 CDT 2018

> The advantages of working for a small company... the sysadmin is a
> long-time employee who's just moved into that role, he and I are good
> buddies.  And there's not anything worth $$$ data recovery on them
> anyway.

> I hate seeing perfectly good working equipment reduced to low-value
> scrap, so I'm wiping these drives at home on my own time to prevent
> that.

Yep! I've watched thousand(s) of pounds of working hard drives get
shredded.

I have a hook-up to get some older drives from another company (1.5TB,
etc) and well... let's just say that "newer" used disks with 4 years on
them aren't very reliable. I'd imaigne the older ones hold up much better
since they were more expensive and less density.

--
: Ethan O'Toole