SGI Indy power supply: identify this diode?

ethan at 757.org ethan at 757.org
Mon Mar 26 12:12:20 CDT 2018

> If only!  That question has been asked many times on SGI forums like
> nekochan, for the Sony PSU (like this one) and also the Nidec.  No-one has
> ever claimed to have seen one, and the chances are Sony wouldn't ever have
> released them.

Yea I was looking for the Nidec one for the Indigo, as mine constantly
spits out a power lost error on the console of my R4000. IIRC Nidec said
no, but Sony might be different. I think there is a private system that
Sony repair shops can access that has schematics online.

> I have thought about tracing out the relevant area of the circuit, but it
> would take a while as the components are fairly densely packed, and I've got
> several other tasks on the agenda.

I can imagine that would take a ton of time. And the parts list still
wouldn't be official.

--
: Ethan O'Toole